Volunteers are critical to the work of Second Harvest. Whether it’s sorting food in our warehouse, assisting drivers on the trucks, setting up for an event or joining a planning committee, you can make a big contribution to your community.
Find out more about current opportunities by choosing to volunteer as an individual or as a group.
Some of the ways you can help include:
- Office Support – prepare mailings, answer phones, general office tasks
- Warehouse Assistant - sort and package donated food, light warehouse cleaning (minimum age 14 years)
- Driver's Assistant - help our drivers, on a Second Harvest truck, pick up food donations and make deliveries to social service agencies (minimum age 16 years)
- Volunteer Driver - use your own vehicle to pick up small amounts of low-risk food and deliver it to a social service agency
- Special Event Volunteer – help us arrange and execute one of our events
If you would like to donate your time, please email Ashley Ferguson or call 416.408.2594.