New to Second Harvest?
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about Second Harvest and those we serve. We are proud to be joined by many people, just like you, who care about those in need and share in our common-sense approach to hunger.
Maybe you have wondered:
- What happens to the food that isn’t sold at the grocery store?
- Who will feed the homeless person I saw on my way to work this morning?
- If there is enough food in the world, why are people going hungry?
- How can I offset the food waste my household creates?
- How can I make a positive impact on my community?
We don’t have all the answers but we do engage in lively conversations about the food cycle, environmental initiatives, social service agencies, and how to help our city’s most vulnerable. We can tell you about our twenty-five years of connecting excess food with those who are hungry. Most importantly, we can come together, to rescue even more excess food and feed more hungry people in Toronto.
To get started there are many ways to get involved with Second Harvest and join our network of supporters who refuse to let our neighbour go hungry while good food goes to waste.