August 2nd, 2019
TITLE: Corporate & Community Partnerships Coordinator
DATE: August 2019
REPORTS TO: Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Manager
POSITION OVERVIEW (PURPOSE):
Reporting to the Peer-to-Peer Fundraising Manager, this position is responsible for supporting the achievement of corporate philanthropy and peer-to-peer fundraising targets. The incumbent will personally identify, engage, and steward current and new corporate partners and their employees, as well as community groups and their networks, in their support of Second Harvest’s mission.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Supports the achievement of peer-to-peer fundraising targets for the Second Harvest Hero campaign and other P2P events/campaigns.
• Supports the development of the prospect pipeline, including the identification, engagement, and cultivation of new P2P prospects.
• Manages a portfolio of corporate and school peer-to-peer campaigns, cultivating relationships that inspire and motivate our supporters.
• Supports the creation and administration of the Hero online fundraising site, including coaching and supporting campaign leads.
• Supports the P2P Fundraising Manager with coordinating administrative aspects of the Second Harvest Hero raffle, including securing necessary permits and in-kind prizing, in collaboration with the Prizing Administrator.
• Manages raffle ticket inventory and inbound raffle ticket orders.
• Manages the order process for Hero fundraising kits, ensuring kits are packed and shipped to each campaign in a timely manner.
• Coordinates and executes the receipt and counting of campaign materials and funds.
• Provides general administrative support to the Hero Campaign as needed.
• Provides on-site representation for Second Harvest at community engagements.
• Acts as a lead staff member on site at Toronto Taste during event set-up, execution and clean-up as required.
• Performs other related duties as required or assigned to support the overall goals of the Development department.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent experience.
• Fundraising certificate or specialized training a major asset.
• 2-3 years of experience working in fundraising, particularly corporate philanthropy or employee engagement.
• Experience with prospect research and very comfortable with cold calling and public speaking.
• Proven track record of soliciting and securing donations and registrations from corporate audiences.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and experience working with a database.
• Exemplary customer service and account management skills.
• Strong presentation and public speaking skills.
• Strong information and data management skills.
• Strong desire to work in the food security sector.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Some evening and weekend work required for special events or during peak periods.
• A valid G class license with access to a vehicle is an asset.
Please submit your resume and cover letter on or before August 18, 2019 via email, with “CORPORATE & COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS COORDINATOR” in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would appreciate no phone calls or agencies.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position, however you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered. Second Harvest is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are invited to attend an interview and require an accommodation, please advise us in advance of our meeting.