Customer Support Coordinator
September 9th, 2021
TITLE: Customer Support Coordinator
DATE: September 2021
DEPARTMENT: Food Rescue
REPORTS TO: Customer Support Manager
STATUS: Contract Full-Time (1-year contract, with possibility of extension)
SALARY: $45,000 – $50,000 Per Annum Plus Benefits
Second Harvest is Canada’s largest food rescue organization and expert in perishable food recovery. We rescue surplus, unsold food from across the supply chain and redistribute it to not-for-profits across the country to feed communities.
In 2018, Second Harvest launched its innovative online platform, the Second Harvest Food Rescue App, which enables businesses to donate surplus food to not-for-profit agencies. It is an easy-to-use, free platform that helps users track and manage food donations, while ensuring edible surplus food is diverted from landfills. The Second Harvest Food Rescue App operates nationally and is poised to become the one-stop-shop for food recovery across Canada with corporate and individual businesses and non-profits alike.
Second Harvest is looking for a dedicated, organized team-player to join our team as the Customer Support Coordinator. Reporting to the Customer Support Manager, this position will support our App’s users and Second Harvest staff through our technical Help Desk. The Customer Support Coordinator will troubleshoot staff and user technical issues, respond to questions, maintain the CRM, and work to improve processes, all with the goal of increasing usability on the Second Harvest Food Rescue App. We are looking for a hard-working professional who is comfortable working with CRMs and is eager to learn new skills.
• Under the direction of the Customer Support Manager, operate the Second Harvest Food Rescue App technical Help Desk:
• Respond to user/staff technical issues and inquiries via email and phone in both official languages.
• Resolve issues in a timely manner with a focus on customer service excellence.
• Escalate technical issues to the appropriate team member when needed and provide guidance and feedback through the resolution process.
• Track user interactions and issues using Microsoft Dynamics 365.
• Develop and send bulk communications to App users through Microsoft Dynamics 365 with the goal of increasing user engagement and retention.
• Manage and analyze large data sets, conducting regular data cleanup and system reviews.
• Work collaboratively with the Product Development team to ensure the platform meets user needs and industry standards.
• Perform other related duties as required or assigned to support the overall goals of the organization.
• Customer-Focused: you are slightly obsessive when it comes to user experience, and you strive to deliver a product that is second to none.
• Communicative: you have a knack for making complex ideas seem clear and simple; team members and peers always know what you’re up to. You can comfortably manage multiple tasks and reach out to your team for support when needed.
• Technical: you think in graphs or process flow charts, helping you easily navigate and grow the Second Harvest Food Rescue App’s CRM.
• Analytical: data is your friend; you’re able to translate numbers into action and pave the way for efficiency.
• Diligent: you know how to get the job done, doing whatever it takes to meet and exceed goals.
• Previous experience working with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) platforms; in particular, experience with Microsoft Dynamics 365 would be considered a strong asset.
• *English and French bilingualism is required.
WHAT YOU’LL GET IN RETURN:
• A whole lot of fun.
• An incredible learning experience with autonomy to develop processes for a national program.
• Competitive compensation and benefits.
Please submit your cover letter and resume on or before September 26, 2021, via email, with “CUSTOMER SUPPORT COORDINATOR” in the subject line, to email@example.com. We would appreciate no phone calls or agencies.
Consideration of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
We encourage applications from individuals who self-identify as belonging to equity-seeking groups such as (but not limited to): racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2S+ persons.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position, however you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered. Second Harvest is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. Please let us know if you require any accommodations.