September 1st, 2020
TITLE: Data Coordinator
DATE: September 2020
DEPARTMENT: Shared Data Services
REPORTS TO: Director of Shared Data Services
STATUS: Regular Full-Time
Second Harvest is Canada’s largest food rescue organization and expert in perishable food recovery. We rescue surplus, unsold food from across the supply chain and redistribute it to not-for-profits across the country to feed communities.
Second Harvest is looking for a dedicated, organized team-player to join our team as the Data Coordinator. This position serves as a primary resource for the collection and coordination of key organizational data, the maintenance of data and reporting integrity, and to ensure best practices.
We are looking for a hard-working individual who can work collaboratively with colleagues across the organization to achieve its strategic goals. Success is measured by the timely achievement of key tasks and projects, developing solutions to improve reporting efficiency and performance, demonstrating positive and collaborative leadership, and creating opportunities for holistic stakeholder engagement with Second Harvest’s mission and vision.
• Coordinate and further systematize the collection, cleansing, and organization of data.
• Maintain data and database integrity by updating information and documenting process history in a timely and accurate manner.
• Proactively liaise with colleagues to communicate data collection needs and processes.
• Develop, implement, document, and maintain Programs-related data collection processes to increase efficiency and accuracy of information capture.
• Perform various ad hoc reporting in response to information requests.
• Support the maintenance of various databases and dashboards, identifying gaps in information and communicating needs and solutions.
• Support the integration and timely synchronization of multiple data sources, regularly importing, exporting, and cleaning lists.
• Support the generation and coordination of segmented lists for print and digital communications to donors.
• Support the stewardship process of food donors.
• Support the Programs team with monitoring of progress towards annual goals.
• Work in collaboration with the Shared Data Services Team to strategize and suggest ways to further automate data processes and simplify data reporting.
• Perform other related duties as required or assigned to support the overall goals of the organization.
• Detail-Oriented: you are proud of your work and know that cutting corners isn’t an option; you are thorough and accurate with strong data entry and data processing abilities.
• Organized: you have excellent project and time management skills; you have a very keen attention to detail, coupled with the ability to multitask.
• Communicative: you have a knack for making complex ideas seem clear and simple; team members and peers always know what you’re up to; good communication and interpersonal skills, superior customer service, and diplomacy.
• Flexible: constant change motivates you to adapt and grow; open to new technology and a changing work environment.
• Technical: you have a very high level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel along with proficiency in the rest of the Microsoft Office Suite of products; you have very strong keyboarding skills.
• Minimum of 1-2 years of experience in a related role.
• Able to manage multiple priorities and projects; able to meet deadlines and handle a high volume of work.
• Strong analytic and problem-solving abilities.
• Professional attitude, and able to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
WHAT YOU’LL GET IN RETURN:
• The opportunity to work for a purposeful organization.
• Flexible hours and working arrangements.
• Competitive compensation and benefits.
Please submit your cover letter and resume on or before September 20, 2020 via email, with “DATA COORDINATOR” in the subject line, to email@example.com. We would appreciate no phone calls or agencies.
Consideration of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position, however you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered. Second Harvest is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are invited to attend an interview and require an accommodation, please advise us in advance of our meeting.