August 2nd, 2019
TITLE: Development Officer, Foundation Giving
DATE: August 2019
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Philanthropy
POSITION OVERVIEW (PURPOSE):
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Philanthropy, this position is responsible for supporting the achievement of annual revenue targets in the Development department’s philanthropy program.
The incumbent will personally identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward funders in accordance with performance targets set by the Development department. They will also support the organization’s individual and corporate philanthropy portfolio as needed.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Acts as the key relationship manager for a segment of the Development department’s foundations portfolio, including stewarding existing relationships, preparing and submitting proposals and applications, engaging new funders, and documenting all relationship information in iMIS database.
• Meets quarterly and annual performance targets relating to donor engagement and fundraising outcomes of assigned foundations portfolio.
• Supports overall foundations revenue and engagement targets.
• Supports funder relationships managed by the Senior Manager, Philanthropy.
• Supports the administration of complex grants, including collaborating with internal partners to gather program information and developing and executing communication plans.
• Participates in strategic planning activities in collaboration with Development team members, to identify and implement fundraising goals/objectives.
• Delivers superior ongoing customer service: fields donor inquiries and complaints, escalates to appropriate department members, and records touchpoints in iMIS database.
• Prepares customized impact reports, in collaboration with the Stewardship Coordinator.
• Ensures the timely acknowledgement, stewardship, and public recognition of funders, in collaboration with the Stewardship Coordinator and Donor Services team.
• Supports colleagues leading the individual funding portfolio (annual giving) to support the overall goals of the philanthropy team.
• Performs other related duties as required or assigned to support the overall goals of the Development department.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent experience.
• Specialized fundraising training and/or accreditation would be considered an asset.
• 2-3 years of fundraising experience, preferably focused on philanthropy audiences.
• Experience in soliciting donors and prospects for financial and/or in-kind requests.
• Exemplary donor service and relationship management skills, with a keen understanding of and respect for the donor cycle, journey and experience; ability to build trust and elicit confidence with prospects, donors, and stakeholders.
• Highly developed written communication skills, with the ability to use clear writing style and donor-centric language.
• Experience in grant administration, impact reporting, and understanding program budgets.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and projects; able to meet deadlines and handle a high volume of work.
• Experience working within a donor database.
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
• Keen attention to detail, thoroughness, and accuracy, especially in written communication.
• Accountable for personal targets and comfortable both offering and asking for support.
• Excellent organization and project/time management skills.
• Professional attitude, and able to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Some evening and weekend work required for special events or during peak periods.
Please submit your resume and cover letter on or before August 18, 2019 via email, with “DEVELOPMENT OFFICER, FOUNDATION GIVING” in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would appreciate no phone calls or agencies.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position, however you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered. Second Harvest is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are invited to attend an interview and require an accommodation, please advise us in advance of our meeting.