February 11th, 2020
TITLE: Development Services Assistant
DATE: February 2020
DEPARTMENT: Development Services
REPORTS TO: Development Services Manager
Second Harvest is Canada’s largest food rescue organization and expert in perishable food recovery.
We rescue surplus, unsold food from across the supply chain, and redistribute it to not-for-profits across the country to feed communities.
Second Harvest is looking for a thorough, accurate, and speedy individual to join our team as the Development Services Assistant. Reporting to the Development Services Manager, this administrative position is responsible for the timely and accurate entry of data into our CRM system (iMIS).
We are looking for someone who will maintain data confidentiality and integrity at all times, someone who will identify and correct any errors they encounter and escalate larger issues to the Development Services team. The Development Services Assistant will also support ongoing process improvements and optimization for the efficient housing of data across the organization.
• Be responsible for the timely and accurate entry and maintenance of all constituent records in the CRM database (iMIS).
• Promptly add new constituent records and update existing information (including contact information, recognition and mailing preferences, donor attributes, relationships, volunteer service, event participation, and other relevant data) as needed.
• Maintain database integrity by correcting and/or flagging any errors encountered, as well as identifying gaps of information that need to be collected.
• Process daily donor and gift revenue information into iMIS; ensure the accurate tracking and coding of all gifts received; process backup credit card gifts through third party processing system.
• Work collaboratively with the Development Services Coordinator to ensure the organization of all constituent and gift-related documents.
• Provide support in the design/implementation of processes for the efficient, effective, and consistent management of data information across the department.
• Maintain strict donor and data confidentiality at all times; uphold the integrity of Second Harvest’s donor care by adhering to the AFP Code of Ethics and Donor Bill of Rights.
• Work closely with the Special Events Team to fulfill the data entry process for gifts-in-kind.
• Be responsible for event internal ticketing administration: tracking ticket intake and sales, inputting sales information into iMIS.
• Computer Savvy: you have advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite; previous experience with database management (particularly iMIS) would be considered a strong asset.
• Laser-Focused: you are capable of accurately inputting and processing a high volume of work while ensuring sharp accuracy and attention to detail.
• Communicator: you have highly developed communication and interpersonal skills coupled with superior customer service skills.
• Team-Player: you have a knack for working both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
• Professional: you exude professionalism at all times, with the ability to maintain strict donor confidentiality.
• 1-2 years of experience supporting a busy office; experience in a non-profit fundraising setting would be considered an asset.
WHAT YOU’LL GET IN RETURN:
• The opportunity to work for a purposeful organization.
• A whole lot of fun.
• Competitive compensation and benefits.
• Flexible hours and working arrangements.
For more information about Second Harvest, visit: www.secondharvest.ca
Please submit your resume and cover letter on or before March 1, 2020 via email, with “DEVELOPMENT SERVICES ASSISTANT” in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would appreciate no phone calls or agencies.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position, however you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered. Second Harvest is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are invited to attend an interview and require an accommodation, please advise us in advance of our meeting.