January 28th, 2019
Reporting to the Development Services Manager, this position is responsible for supporting the areas of data entry, gift processing, and donor services. The incumbent will work to ensure the timely and accurate processing of donations and gifts into the CRM system (iMIS), flagging any concerns they encounter. They will serve as the first point of contact for Second Harvest’s donors to complete payments of gifts and communicate queries to the appropriate team member. They will also serve as an administrative support to the Development team.
Location: Toronto, ON
• Processes daily donor and gift revenue information into iMIS in a timely and accurate manner; processes credit card gifts through third party processing system
• Maintains database integrity by promptly adding new constituent records and updating information (address changes, donor attributes, recognition and mailing preferences) as needed; ensures the correct tracking and coding of all gifts received
• Works in collaboration with the Development Services Manager to design and implement processes for the efficient, effective, and consistent management of data information across the department
• Acts as the first point of contact for donor inquiries; escalates to appropriate persons and/or departments when necessary
• Maintains strict donor and data confidentiality at all times; upholds the integrity of Second Harvest’s donor care by adhering to the AFP Code of Ethics and Donor Bill of Rights
• Oversees the circulation of tax receipts for stewardship actions; follows up with team members to guarantee timely delivery of receipts
• Ensures that tax and/or acknowledgement receipts are generated as per Canada Revenue Agency guidelines as well as Second Harvest policies and procedures
• Performs various ad hoc reporting in response to information/data requests
• Works closely with the Special Events Team to lead and fulfill the data entry process for gifts-in-kind
• Responsible for internal ticketing administration: tracking ticket intake and sales, inputting sales information into iMIS, keeping reports up-to-date, and providing metrics for analysis
• Performs other related duties as required or assigned to support the overall goals of the Development department.
CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
• Post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent experience
• 1-2 years of experience supporting a busy office, ideally in a non-profit fundraising setting
• Demonstrated ability managing multiple priorities and projects; able to meet deadlines and handle a high volume of work
• Experience with database management; in particular, iMIS database experience would be considered a strong asset
• Knowledge of CRA guidelines and experience with the official tax receipting process
• Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Keen attention to detail, thoroughness, and accuracy, along with strong data entry/data processing abilities
• Excellent organization and project/time management skills
• Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills, coupled with superior customer service skills
• Enthusiastic team player with an ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
• Professional attitude, and able to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
Please submit your resume and cover letter on or before February 17, 2019 via email, with “DEVELOPMENT SERVICES COORDINATOR” in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would appreciate no phone calls or agencies.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position, however you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered. Second Harvest is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are invited to attend an interview and require an accommodation, please advise us in advance of our meeting.