January 11th, 2022
TITLE: Fundraising Coordinator
DATE: January 2022
REPORTS TO: Development Manager, Foundation Giving
STATUS: Permanent Full-Time
SALARY: $45,000 – $50,000 Per Annum Plus Benefits
Second Harvest is Canada’s largest food rescue charity and expert in perishable food recovery. We rescue surplus, unsold food from across the supply chain and redistribute it to not-for-profits across the country to feed communities. Demonstrating our values of community, environment, integrity, and collaboration, we strive for No Waste. No Hunger.
Reporting to the Development Manager, Foundation Giving, the Fundraising Coordinator is responsible for supporting the achievement of philanthropy revenue goals by growing our base of small but mighty corporate and foundations partnerships. This position will identify, engage, steward, and renew existing and new accounts, in their support of Second Harvest’s work nationally.
We are looking for a strategic, efficient team player who can hit the ground running and work collaboratively to build and deliver successful partnerships.
• Manage an existing pipeline of over 200 small (<$5,000 annual gift value) corporate and foundations donors and prospects.
• Develop and implement customized cultivation and moves management strategies to convert prospects into Second Harvest supporters and retain and expand existing supporter relationships.
• Use our suite of employee engagement activities to recruit, engage, and steward new, current, and lapsed donors.
• Prepare and present highly relevant, compelling funding proposals to secure long-term partnerships with a focus on unrestricted revenue.
• Responsible for meeting annual financial targets.
• Ensure timely donor stewardship and recognition following the receipt of financial commitments from supporters and at touchpoints throughout the year, to ensure donor retention.
• Prepare acknowledgement receipts for foundations donors.
• Maintain donor records and associated activities in Raiser’s Edge database ensuring a high level of accuracy.
• Perform other related duties as required or assigned to support the overall goals of the organization.
• Fundraiser: you have 2 years of experience in customer service, fundraising, or sales with a track record in meeting or exceeding revenue targets.
• Communicator: you are comfortable speaking and presenting to individuals and groups; you have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Collaborative: you have a positive, collaborative working style; your past colleagues would call you a “team player”; you have highly developed interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and strong negotiation skills.
• Organized: you have excellent project and time management skills; you have a very keen attention to detail, coupled with the ability to multitask.
• Strategic and Results-Oriented: you are a creative thinker who can generate new ideas and initiatives, and plan and execute their implementation.
• Degree or diploma in Business, Communications, or Fundraising, or its equivalent in specialized training and experience is an asset.
• Proven track record in customer service or stewardship.
• Experience working with CRM systems; in particular, experience working with Raiser’s Edge would be considered an asset.
• Able to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends for special events or during peak periods.
• Second Harvest requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by Health Canada. The Organization will comply with its obligations pursuant to the applicable human rights legislation and accommodate any prospective or current employee who is unable to be vaccinated for substantiated reasons, such as medical or religious reasons. Second Harvest’s vaccination policy is available upon request.
WHAT YOU’LL GET IN RETURN:
• The opportunity to work for an internationally recognized, purpose-driven organization.
• Flexible hours and working arrangements.
• Competitive compensation and benefits.
Please submit your cover letter and resume on or before January 30, 2022 via email, with “FUNDRAISING COORDINATOR” in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would appreciate no phone calls or agencies.
We encourage applications from individuals who self-identify as belonging to equity-seeking groups such as (but not limited to): racialized persons/persons of colour, women, Indigenous peoples, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ2S+ persons.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position, however you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered. Second Harvest is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. Please let us know if you require any accommodations.