July 13th, 2020
TITLE: Loblaw Food Donor Coordinator, FoodRescue.ca
DATE: July 2020
REPORTS TO: National Food Donor Manager, FoodRescue.ca
Second Harvest is Canada’s largest food rescue organization and expert in perishable food recovery. We rescue surplus, unsold food from across the supply chain and redistribute it to not-for-profits across the country to feed communities.
In 2018, Second Harvest launched its innovative online platform, FoodRescue.ca, which enables businesses to donate surplus food to not-for-profit agencies. It is an easy-to-use, free platform that helps users track and manage food donations, while ensuring edible surplus is diverted from landfill. FoodRescue.ca is poised to become the one-stop-shop for food recovery across Canada as we gear up for full national expansion.
Second Harvest is looking for an adaptive, dedicated, team-player to join our team as the Loblaw Food Donor Coordinator, FoodRescue.ca. This new position is created to support the onboarding and effective engagement of all Loblaw banners on FoodRescue.ca nationally. We are looking for a hard-working individual who can hit the ground running to work collaboratively with the Food Donor team.
• Under the direction of the National Food Donor Manager, work collaboratively with Loblaw national office to develop a plan for national engagement of Loblaw banner locations;
• With Loblaw national office, develop key performance indicators for Loblaw registrations and donations;
• Working with the FoodRescue.ca Graphic Designer, develop materials to be used specifically by Loblaw stores, including how-to guides and SOPs;
• Drive Loblaw registrations and ongoing engagement on the FoodRescue.ca platform across Canada, meeting and exceeding targets for number of stores registered, number of stores actively donating, and number of pounds rescued;
• Develop and maintain relationships with Loblaw district managers, store managers, and franchisees to gain support for expansion of the FoodRescue.ca platform;
• Meet with Loblaw staff both digitally and in-person, providing demonstrations of FoodResuce.ca and onboarding new locations;
• Deliver presentations and participate in speaking engagements with Loblaw, with the goal of increasing registration and retention;
• Compile FoodRescue.ca reports for Loblaw national office, ensuring reports meet the requirements of Second Harvest’s Data and Analytics team;
• Collect user feedback from Loblaw locations and conduct structured evaluations with registered donors in order to meet specific grant requirements or program needs;
• Perform other related duties as required or assigned to support the overall goals of the organization.
• Industrious: you know how to get the job done, doing whatever it takes to meet and exceed goals;
• Partnership-Minded: you are a people person who makes friends easily and can leverage existing relationships to build program success;
• Communicative: you have a knack for making complex ideas seem clear and simple; team members and peers always know what you’re up to;
• Flexible: constant change motivates you to adapt and grow;
• Analytical: data is your friend; you’re able to translate numbers into action and pave the way for efficiency;
• Customer-Focused: slightly obsessive when it comes to user experience and strive to deliver a product that is second to none;
• Experience working in a client facing role within the food industry;
• Able to travel and have a Valid Class G driver’s license (mileage compensated);
• *Bilingualism is an asset.
WHAT YOU’LL GET IN RETURN:
• A whole lot of fun;
• Competitive compensation and benefits.
Please submit your resume on or before August 2, 2020 via email, with “LOBLAW FOOD DONOR COORDINATOR” in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would appreciate no phone calls or agencies.
Consideration of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position, however you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered. Second Harvest is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are invited to attend an interview and require an accommodation, please advise us in advance of our meeting.