TEMPEST IN A GREEN BIN: THE FOOD WASTE REVOLUTION
Live event was held on April 13, 2021
Reducing food loss and waste can generate a triple win: saving money for farmers and consumers; helping feed more people; and alleviating pressure on water, land, and climate – and it can be done by all of us. But how?
If you missed joining us live for Tempest in a Green Bin, you can still watch a recording of this necessary conversation about driving social and environmental change and sparking a food waste revolution, hosted by celebrity chef, author and Second Harvest Ambassador, Bob Blumer.
Join us on April 28 and 29 for Food Defenders, our very first culinary workshop series! Bob Blumer will be one of our special guest chefs and you won’t want to miss it!
RESOURCES AND FURTHER READING
- Our panelist Yousef Abushanab wrote a comprehensive overview of food waste and its implications for investors. Click here to read.
- Click here for a Zero Waste Pesto recipe from panelist Bob Blumer.
- Click here to read the answers to Q&A questions.
- How long will your frozen food, canned goods, produce and juices really last? Download our guide to food consumption and find out more.
- Second Harvest offers free training modules about deciphering best before and expiry dates, conducting a food waste audit and more. With their relevance to Health, Social Studies, Geography and Science curricula, these modules are also great for at-home learning for high school students, too! Click here to create a free login and get started!