Thank you for your interests in Second Harvest auctions! Whether you’re looking for the perfect gift, must-have kitchen equipment or an indulgent treat for yourself, Second Harvest’s online auctions feature a variety of incredible gifts awaiting your bids! Bid on some amazing items from the comfort of your home, all for a great cause: 100% of the proceeds go directly to Second Harvest’s ongoing efforts to provide food relief to communities across Canada.
- Holiday Online Auction – Thursday, November 18- Monday, November 29, 2021
Interested in Donating?
Are you a business or individual interested in donating? Second Harvest accepts auction donations year-round:
*All completed fine wine documents can be emailed to Kristina DeLuca at firstname.lastname@example.org
What Types of Auction Items Do We Need?
Second Harvest accepts prizing in a variety of different categories and price points for our auctions:
- $100 – $499: We would welcome gift cards, wine & spirits, beauty products, sporting equipment, and small appliances
- $500 – $999: Includes generous gifts like high-end accessories, electronics, and deluxe gift baskets
- $1,000/+: Make someone’s dream come true with a luxury gift item or an experience package that cannot be purchased in a store or online
Donor Benefits At-A-Glance**
Second Harvest recognizes the generosity of auction donors in a variety of ways:
- Your item(s) and description listed on the digital auction platform along with your company name and logo
- Acknowledgment letter from CEO Lori Nikkel
- Tax Receipt*
- A chance to be featured on the Second Harvest website and in dedicated e-blasts (distribution: 23,000 subscribers)
- A chance to be promoted on Second Harvest’s Twitter, Instagram & Facebook accounts (distribution: 12.9k Twitter followers, 7.8k Instagram followers, 7.8k Facebook followers)
- A chance to be featured as ‘Item of the Day’ on Second Harvest Instagram Stories
Please note: The frequency and type of benefits donors receive depend on prize item(s) and prize value(s).
All wines donated to Second Harvest are stored at proper temperatures in space graciously donated by Fine Wine Reserve.
**Due to Canada Revenue Agency regulations, Second Harvest cannot issue tax receipts for donations of gift cards, gift certificates, vouchers, raffle tickets or services. Second Harvest must have documentation of the product’s fair market value (i.e. the forms linked above) to issue a tax receipt. For more information on the Income Tax Act please contact Canada Revenue Agency www.cra.gc.ca/charities
All fine wine, art, and antique donations must be appraised for their fair market value before Second Harvest can validate the donation. Rob Jull, Owner, Vinifera Wine Services, will be appraising all fine wine donations for Second Harvest. It is the donor’s responsibility to provide proof of authenticity from an official appraiser for art or antique donations. All art and physically delicate donations must include suitable shipping materials to ensure safety during transit to winners.
Questions? Contact Kristina DeLuca at 416-579-5047 or email@example.com