Thank you for your interests in Second Harvest auctions! Whether you’re looking for the perfect gift, must-have kitchen equipment or an indulgent treat for yourself, Second Harvest’s online auctions feature a variety of incredible gifts awaiting your bids! Bid on some amazing items from the comfort of your home, all for a great cause: 100% of the proceeds go directly to Second Harvest’s ongoing efforts to provide food relief to communities across Canada.
- Holiday Online Auction – Thursday, November 18- Monday, November 29, 2021 Our Holiday Online Auction is almost ready, check out our preview of items here! This year, our goal is to provide food for 100,000 healthy holiday meals for Canadians in need, and your support can help us get closer to achieving that goal.
- The Waddington’s Auctioneers & Appraisers Fine Wine auction is back, boasting 43 special wines that are sure to excite your palate. With a selection featuring large assortments of Super Tuscans, Burgundies, hard-to-find verticals, and niche California cult wines, there is sure to be a bottle that will be an excellent addition to your collection. Proceeds from the sale of lots 410-421 will go directly to Second Harvest to help make our vision of No Waste, No Hunger, a reality. To browse this year’s selection, head here.
- California Wine Fair: Tuesday, April 12, 2022, from 9:30am-9.30pm at the Beanfield Centre. Raise a glass to California wines and enjoy a unique opportunity to sample a wide selection of more than 400 premium wines from 150 of California’s top producers. This is the largest, walk-around tasting tour of California wines in Canada!
- National Hero Sweepstakes: February 1 – March 25, 2022
- Toronto Taste: Sunday, June 12, 2022, at Evergreen Brick Works. Be a part of the original, one-and-only, premier culinary extravaganza of the year! Join us for the Toronto Taste celebration, where the best of the best of the city’s food scene come together for one spectacular evening in support of Second Harvest.
- Spring Auction: details TBA
Interested in Donating?
Are you a business or individual interested in donating? Second Harvest accepts auction donations year-round:
*All completed fine wine documents can be emailed to Rachel Clasadonte at email@example.com
What Types of Auction Items Do We Need?
Second Harvest accepts prizing in a variety of different categories and price points for our auctions:
- $100 – $499: We would welcome gift cards, wine & spirits, beauty products, sporting equipment, and small appliances
- $500 – $999: Includes generous gifts like high-end accessories, electronics, and deluxe gift baskets
- $1,000/+: Make someone’s dream come true with a luxury gift item or an experience package that cannot be purchased in a store or online
Donor Benefits At-A-Glance**
Second Harvest recognizes the generosity of auction donors in a variety of ways:
- Your item(s) and description listed on the digital auction platform along with your company name and logo
- Acknowledgment letter from CEO Lori Nikkel
- Tax Receipt*
- A chance to be featured on the Second Harvest website and in dedicated e-blasts (distribution: 19,000+ subscribers)
- A chance to be promoted on Second Harvest’s Twitter, Instagram & Facebook accounts (distribution: 13k Twitter followers, 8.3k Instagram followers, 8.2k Facebook followers)
- A chance to be featured as ‘Item of the Day’ on Second Harvest Instagram Stories
Please note: The frequency and type of benefits donors receive depend on prize item(s) and prize value(s).
All wines donated to Second Harvest are stored at proper temperatures in space graciously donated by Fine Wine Reserve.
**Due to Canada Revenue Agency regulations, Second Harvest cannot issue tax receipts for donations of gift cards, gift certificates, vouchers, raffle tickets or services. Second Harvest must have documentation of the product’s fair market value (i.e. the forms linked above) to issue a tax receipt. For more information on the Income Tax Act please contact Canada Revenue Agency www.cra.gc.ca/charities
All fine wine, art, and antique donations must be appraised for their fair market value before Second Harvest can validate the donation. Rob Jull, Owner, Vinifera Wine Services, will be appraising all fine wine donations for Second Harvest. It is the donor’s responsibility to provide proof of authenticity from an official appraiser for art or antique donations. All art and physically delicate donations must include suitable shipping materials to ensure safety during transit to winners.
Questions? Contact Rachel Clasadonte at 416-659-5111 or firstname.lastname@example.org