Host an event with a purpose
Second Harvest is so grateful to benefit from many fundraisers and events. Whether it’s an in-person or virtual event, big or small, your partnership with Second Harvest will create a positive impact in your community.
Can I host an event to support Second Harvest?
If you’re a business or an individual… if you’re passionate about giving back… if you love hosting events in your community, then yes you can! And if you want to help put food on plates, not in landfill, you’ll want Second Harvest to join in.
By hosting an event, you’re responsible for the planning of all aspects of the event. While Second Harvest is happy to support where possible, we’re not the hosts – that title belongs to you.
In return, Second Harvest is proud to offer a variety of partnership benefits to committed businesses and individuals who host an event or campaign in support of our organization. These are available based on committed fundraising thresholds. Our partnership benefits focus on five key pillars:
- Corporate engagement: Your employees, staff or members will love being involved in support of a great cause.
- Brand recognition: We’re one of the most respected charities in the country, and your brand will benefit from your support.
- Marketing and promotion: As your partner, we can help market and promote your event through all our digital channels.
- Volunteer opportunities: Need help? Our team of committed volunteers can assist at the event.
- Impact tracking: You’ll know you’ve made a difference with our help to track the impact of your fundraising initiative.
Your guide to hosting a successful event with Second Harvest
Thank you for considering hosting an event in support of Second Harvest. If you are looking for a great way to make a big impact in your community, hosting an event is the opportunity for you.
Here are some tips and tools to start your event planning process.
- Consider the five W’s
- Who is hosting this event?
- What kind of event are you hosting?
- Where is the event taking place?
- When is the event happening?
- Why have you chosen Second Harvest as the preferred charitable partner for this event?
2. Determine Your Fundraising Model
How you fundraise during your event will determine how impactful it will be. You can fundraise online, in person or both depending on your audience. Here are some examples of each to help you determine which is best for you and your event goals:
Online: Fundraising through an online ticket platform or online donation page that is linked on event website or social platforms.
In-Person: Fundraising through on-site entry fee, donation-based coat check, on-site door prize or raffle*, token donations, beer/wine bottle collections.
*Gaming and lotteries including bingo, 50/50 draws, gambling, raffles, or games of chance often have special considerations that require licenses. Please visit www.agco.on.ca for more information.
3. Connect with us about your event
Once you’ve determined your five W’s and fundraising model for your event register with Second Harvest and a member of our events team will contact you to get the planning process started. Our Second Harvest team will walk through your event plan, answer any questions you may have and share marketing resources you may need.
We have lots of ways you can fundraise at your event. Check out a few below or get in touch to discuss your idea with our team.