May 8th, 2019
Under the direction of the Manager, FoodRescue.ca Program and Process Development, the Community Engagement Coordinator will be responsible for identifying, recruiting, and on-boarding food businesses in the Scarborough, Ontario region, to support the expansion of the FoodRescue.ca (FR.ca) platform.
Status: Full-Time (10-month Contract, with possibility of extension)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Engage food business prospects in the Scarborough, Ontario region via cold and warm calls as well as discovery meetings;
• Develop and maintain relationships with food business staff and other stakeholders to gain support for the expansion of the FoodRescue.ca platform;
• Liaise with Customer Service Coordinator and other Second Harvest staff to ensure food businesses are effectively using the program;
• Lead the creation and ongoing maintenance of FoodRescue.ca list of donors in Scarborough, including contact information, activities, and touchpoints;
• Create various reports about the FoodRescue.ca program, as requested;
• Support the evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the business usage of FoodRescue.ca in the Scarborough area and identify areas for improvement by conducting online and in-person user surveys;
• Work with Second Harvest Communications team to execute social media promotion;
• Train and support volunteers in best practices for cold calling and generating leads for the region with the guidance of Second Harvest’s Volunteer Team;
• Promote and represent FoodRescue.ca at community events and meetings, where applicable;
• Work with Regional Training Coordinators and other Second Harvest staff to ensure effective onboarding of partner agencies, as well as efficient program delivery;
• Identify and evaluate risks associated with program activities and take appropriate action to control any risks;
• Other related duties as required or assigned.
CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
• Minimum 2 years experience in a client facing role within the food industry;
• Familiarity with the Scarborough community;
• Outstanding ability to work independently with exceptional time management skills;
• Sound computer literacy (Microsoft Office, web and/or mobile business applications);
• Excellent oral and written communication skills;
• Capacity to work flexible hours and travel throughout Toronto;
• Valid Class G driver’s license;
• Proactive, positive, industrious, and socially conscientious;
• Ability to interact within diverse communities;
• Strong business acumen;
• Excellent team participant; Experience leading teams;
• Skilled at providing training; Knowledge in safe food handling.
Please submit your resume and cover letter on or before May 26, 2019 via email, with “COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT COORDINATOR” in the subject line, to firstname.lastname@example.org. We would appreciate no phone calls or agencies.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position, however you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered. Second Harvest is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are invited to attend an interview and require an accommodation, please advise us in advance of our meeting.