August 2nd, 2019
TITLE: Prizing & Gifting Assistant
DATE: August 2019
REPORTS TO: Senior Manager, Events
POSITION OVERVIEW (PURPOSE):
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Events, this administrative position is responsible for managing the prizing portfolio for all Second Harvest events and initiatives. The incumbent will work to secure gift-in-kind prizing for all Second Harvest auctions and raffles, as well as ensure the timely and accurate processing of gifts and prizing. They will also provide general event support as it relates to prizing during Second Harvest events as needed, delivering superior customer service skills at all times.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
• Works in collaboration with the Events team to fulfill program deliverables and ensure processes are streamlined.
• Participates in strategic planning activities in collaboration with Events team members, to identify and implement goals/objectives.
• Secures gift-in-kind prizing for all Second Harvest events (including Hero and Toronto Taste raffles, Toronto Taste silent auction, and other events programs as needed) through letters, phone calls, emails and visits, coordinating volunteer efforts to do the same to support the achievement of prize value targets.
• Serves as a representative of Second Harvest, building and maintaining positive relationships with stakeholders; addresses and resolves all customer service issues in a timely manner, and escalates to appropriate persons and/or departments when necessary.
• Coordinates the prize fulfillment for special events and promotions through follow-up calls, payment processing, dissemination of prizes and gifts, etc.
• Supports major functions of event wrap-up, including reporting and inventory.
• Maintains inventory of promotional items, gifts, and prizes for events portfolio; ensures organization and upkeep of department warehouse space, as well as appropriate recordkeeping of all prizes and valuables.
• Performs day-to-day clerical and administrative functions, including receiving and responding to incoming calls, communicating with vendors and guests, completing all paperwork for prize payouts, tracking prize/award deadlines, and maintaining paper and electronic files.
• Provides general support on-site at Second Harvest events during set-up, execution, and tear-down; assists with silent and wine auctions on-site (auction item coordination, to provide seamless pick-up and check-out experience.
• Performs other related duties as required or assigned to support the overall goals of the Development department.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent experience.
• 1-2 years of experience in an office environment/administrative setting.
• Previous experience in soliciting donors and prospects for in-kind requests would be considered an asset.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities in a focused and timely manner.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills coupled with superior customer service skills.
• Enthusiastic team player with an ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
• Keen attention to detail, thoroughness, and accuracy.
• Excellent organization and project/time management skills.
• Professional attitude, and able to maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
• A go-getter who thrives under pressure and a fast-paced environment, uses a proactive approach and superior organizational skills to stay on top of multiple competing priorities.
• Takes initiative and demonstrates ownership and exceptional follow-through.
• Strong information and data management/data entry skills.
• Physical stamina to meet the demands of on-site event execution (being on feet, lifting, etc.).
OTHER JOB REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
• Some evening and weekend work required for special events or during peak periods.
• A valid G class license with access to a vehicle is an asset.
Please submit your resume and cover letter on or before August 18, 2019 via email, with “PRIZING & GIFTING ASSISTANT” in the subject line, to email@example.com. We would appreciate no phone calls or agencies.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position, however you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered. Second Harvest is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are invited to attend an interview and require an accommodation, please advise us in advance of our meeting.