February 1st, 2019
As Second Harvest prepares to expand the scope of its operations, we have a need for a Senior Manager Food Acquisition and Program Sustainability who will develop a long-term and sustainable strategy for national food acquisition, as well as review existing models for improvement. The goal of this role is to acquire new sources of nutrient dense food including meat and protein alternatives, dairy and produce that will and increase the amount of food available for redistribution.
Status: Full-Time (8-month Contract, with possibility of extension)
Location: Toronto, ON
• Identify and acquire key contacts in the food service industry for building strategic partnerships as Second Harvest looks to expand its operations nationally.
• Engage with senior leaders and decision makers to discuss the findings of Second Harvest’s VCMI report, and the importance of prioritizing food rescue in Canada.
• Identify and acquire new business opportunities for establishing brokerage relationships in the Canadian food processing sector (farming and commodity groups) the Canadian food processing sector (farming and commodity groups).
• Develop long-term, sustainable strategy for expanding Second Harvest’s food rescue operations nationally; identify/evaluate barriers and risk associated with large-scale expansion; outline and report on strategies to alleviate barriers and risks. Support the planning and coordination of activities for Second Harvest’s national food acquisition expansion.
• Review existing models, organizational structure, etc. for food acquisition (both online and offline); formulate recommendations and solutions for how best to align and expand with new operating strategy.
• Develop new models and Standard Operating Procedures, where needed, for identifying and engaging with food businesses, senior food service leaders, and key decision-makers moving forward.
• Ability to manage food acquisition staff.
• Other duties as assigned.
CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS FOR SUCCESS:
• Extensive knowledge and experience with the food-service industry in Canada at a senior level, with well-established network in food retail, distribution, processing, as well as farming and commodity groups and organizations.
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
• Aptitude in creative problem-solving.
Please submit your resume and cover letter on or before February 17, 2019 via email, with “SENIOR MANAGER FOOD ACQUISITION AND PROGRAM SUSTAINABILITY” in the subject line, to email@example.com. We would appreciate no phone calls or agencies.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position; however, you will only be contacted if your candidacy is being considered. Second Harvest is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are invited to attend an interview and require an accommodation, please advise us in advance of our meeting.